· 1 ½ lbs. pork shoulder (
butt), cut into 1 ½ inch pieces Boston
· 1 tsp. salt
· 2 tsp. black pepper
· 2 tsp. dried oregano
· ½ large onion, cut into 4 pieces
· 2 garlic cloves
· ½ tsp. ground cumin
· 1 or 2 avocados, halved, pitted, sliced
· Fresh cilantro sprigs
· Corn tortillas
· Tomatillo salsa
· Lime wedges to garnish
1. Toss pork in bowl of slow cooker with salt, pepper, dried oregano and cumin. Place onion pieces and garlic cloves on top of the pork. Cover slow cooker and cook on low setting for 6 hours or until meat is very tender and falling apart.
2. Using slotted spoon, transfer pork to cutting board. Discard onion and garlic pieces. Using fingers or fork, shred pork; transfer pork to platter. Wrap corn tortillas in a damp kitchen towel; microwave until warm, about 1 minute.
3. Serve carnitas wrapped in warm tortillas; top with avocado slices, cilantro sprigs and tomatillo salsa. Use lime wedges to garnish.